Since its inception, Oncolytics has worked to build a global patent portfolio, extending protection of its intellectual property by layering claims with a range of filing dates. The Company has more than 415 patents issued globally, including more than 60 in the U.S. and 20 in Canada, as well as numerous patents pending worldwide.
Reovirus issued patent claims include:
- Compositions of matter comprising reovirus – through 2028
- Pharmaceutical use of reoviruses to treat neoplasia and cellular proliferative diseases
- Combination therapy with radiation, chemotherapy, and/or immune suppressants
- Methods of manufacturing reovirus and screening for susceptibility to reovirus
- Pharmaceutical use of reoviruses in transplantation procedures